About Osprey Photo Workshops & Tours
For more than 25 years, Irene Hinke-Sacilotto has led photography workshops and tours under the auspices of OSPREY Photo Workshops and Tours. Destinations vary each year, with new locations constantly being added. To date, Irene has conducted more than 200 programs at over 80 locations in 24 states and overseas.
542 C Riviera Dr
Joppa, MD 21085
When you participate in a tour with OSPREY, you are introduced to the wildlife, flora, and spectacular scenery of the location — whether it is at Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge during the fall waterfowl migration; on a cliff overlooking a penguin colony in the Falkland Islands; or in the desert southwest when the cacti bloom in the spring. More importantly, however, you are part of a small group (usually no more than six people per tour), which allows Irene to respond to your individual needs and interests, as well as to changing conditions in the field.[caption id="attachment_8" align="alignright" width="199"] © Irene Hinke-Sacilotto[/caption]
OSPREY specializes in small groups because we allow for:
- More intimate experiences with nature.
- Closer encounters with wildlife.
- More flexibility in scheduling.
- More opportunities for lodging in remote locations.
- Closer relationships among participants, which promotes a greater exchange of information.
- Greater comfort during travels with less crowding.
OSPREY Photo Workshops and Tours is the best choice for your travel plans because we offer:
- Well thought-out programs and itineraries.
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
- Practical tips based on Irene’s personal experiences.
- Intimate knowledge of each location. Irene researches, develops, and leads each workshop or tour.
- Unique locations, such as private ranches, remote lodges, game farms, and safari parks.
- Digital file processing on some tours for immediate feedback.
- Critique sessions so participants can assess their skills and recognize opportunities for improvement (program dependent).
Irene provides the right balance of instruction and field experience, tempered with a keen sense of humor. Her research and preparation prior to her programs make them outstanding. She is flexible and takes advantage of each photo opportunity. I particularly enjoy the individual attention Irene is able to provide to her students because of the small class sizes. On my last trip (to South Texas), I shot more film than ever!
Gary Carlton, Workshop Participant, VA Beach, VA